Applicants from any field of study who are passionate about creating a sustainable future are encouraged to apply. The degree program starts each year in August-the next cohort will start in August 2017, which has an admissions deadline of May 15, 2017*.
The admission requirements are:
- A four-year U.S. bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, or a four-year international equivalent.
- Professional work experience-defined broadly-that can serve as a foundation for the field of sustainability. Some design experience or training is useful but not required as this is an interdisciplinary program.
- An official Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score. A score of 140 (approximately 320 under the old scoring system) on the verbal section is considered a minimum by the Graduate Council.
- English language competency exam (if native language is not English)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): 80 internet based/213 electronic/550 paper
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): 6
- MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery): 77
- A statement of purpose for enrolling in the program (approximately 2 pages double spaced).
- Three letters of recommendation from people qualified to assess your academic performance or professional experience.
For more information about admissions and the application process, please contact:
Michael Kung, EdD
MSD Program Coordinator
Director, Global Education
College of Design, Construction and Planning
ARCH 331 PO Box 115701
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32611-5701
Tel: 352-392-4836, Fax: 352-392-7266
*applications after May 15 may still be considered in special cases. Please contact Michael Kung (email@example.com) for details.